medical journal retracts study linking MMR vaccine and autism...

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/02/02/lancet.retraction.autism/index.html?hpt=T2

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• Anonymous

• I never believed the 2 were linked.
    Anonymous

• That is absolutely crazy. I wonder how many lives were threatened before this study would be retracted. When multi- billion dollar companies like vaccine companies are losing money because parents are nervous about autism....they have the money and power to be bullies. It is such a crock. I can't believe that people just blindly follow what is thought to be "perfectly safe" without reading all sides to the stories. I don't trust any medical professional who tells me that vaccinating is best for my child while at the same time turning a blind eye to what studies and parents are saying about what the vaccines are doing to their children. Why can noone answer the question- "What causes Autism? Why is Autism on the rise?" I think it is irresponsible to stick your head in the sand about autism and vaccines.
    Anonymous

• Good. We are finally catching up to Europe.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 1:00 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• nobody knows what causes autism...
    didn't you ever play with mercury as a kid? there were a few times that i busted open an old thermometer just to play with the mercury inside....
    i'm not autistic..
    Anonymous

• PP...did you swallow the mercury? And just because something works out well for you doesn't mean it will for everyone.
    Anonymous

• Any good scientist knows that for a study to be deemed reliable it has to be able to be replicated in subsequent studies. This study was never repeated with any reliable results, something the medical community has been repeating for YEARS until they are blue in the face. It is also perfectly obvious to anybody who knows a shred of info about statistics that his sample study was too small. Again, the medical community has been saying this for years. So now that it's on CNN, you see the light? Un freakin' believable. Not everybody in the medical community is out to lie to you and kill you.
    Anonymous

• woopee
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:29 PM on Feb. 2, 2010