lunch

Do any1 have a ideal what I should make my son 4 lunch? He's 3

kadmomma

Asked by kadmomma at 12:43 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• Beenies and Weenies! A classic kid favorite at the daycare i use to work at LOLLLL

The kids also loved fish sticks, pbj sandwiches, sloppy joes and fries with corn on the side. You can cut the pbj sandwiches with a cookie cutter into fun shapes(i love doing that LOL) Spaghetti O's(one of my personal faves as a kid AND adult) LOL

Veggie tray with dip and cheese; yogurt; or yogurt fruit smoothies. (1/2 cup plain yogurt; banana, strawberries or fruit of choice) throw it in a blender and voila! I add just a 1/4 tsp of sugar too, but you don't need to and some cool whip to make it really frothy.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 12:47 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• My littlest one had some whole grain pasta with diced cukes and tomatoes, my oldest one had some of the same pasta with a little bit of jarred sauce I heated up. My middle two both opted for peanut butter sandwiches and yogurt. We all had blueberries for dessert. The youngest and oldest had milk to drink, middle two had water.
    It depends on what his tastes are and what he likes. We do a lot of fruit and yogurt at lunchtime, and I try to sneak in some veggies where I can.

Answer by missanc at 12:47 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• my youngest's favorite lunch these days is

crackers, cheese, turkey breast and yogurt.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:44 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• My 3yr old loves macaroni & cheese, sometimes I put cut up ham or hot dogs in it, He likes ham, hot dogs, cottage cheese, yoghurt, fish crackers, applesauce or cut up apples....
    What I do is offer my son 2 choices to pick from at meal time (zb- do you want macaroni and cheese or yoghurt). He is more apt to eat if it is something he likes and wants---vs me just putting random things on his plate.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:02 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I have a huge list of bagged lunch ideas; send me a message offlist and I will be happy to forward it to you.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:52 PM on Feb. 2, 2010