When did you start reading to your baby?

start reading

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 PM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• From in the womb till they were 7 or 8. It was part of the routine for us.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:36 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• the first day they came home... I had one of those plastic chew book with the one word per page .... Where the page said Orange and had a picture of an orange, red and had a picture of a red apple, etc. As they got older it progressed into longer and less "chewable" books.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 11:38 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• At about 15 weeks of gestation a baby has developed enough inner ear to hear sounds. I started reading and talking to them even earlier than that. We have not stopped reading to them. They are now 5 and 2. They love Dr. Suess the most. This habit will set an example for them to be good readers in the future. The bonding time is priceless.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 11:40 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I started before she was born, I sang to her too.
    Once she arrived, I picked a simple bedtime board book (Sanda Boyton's The Going To Bed Book) and read it to her every night. She's 23 months old now and knows what it means when I pull out that book - it's always the last book I read before "lights out".
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:09 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• while he was in my belly... I also played music for him, via Bose headphones...
    noliegirl

Answer by noliegirl at 12:54 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• I was reading to my son while pregnant, evem at 3 months pregnant I was reading to my little guy. WHen he was born we did a book everynight before bed, and now at 19 months old we still do. ( of course we read during the day too)
    There is no age at which you should start reading to your child because even a 2 weeks old, even in utero they are benefitting from it.
    libbykate

Answer by libbykate at 2:32 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• since i have been preg
    kaylajean86

Answer by kaylajean86 at 3:16 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• THE FIRST DAY I BROUGHT THE BABY HOME! READ TO THE CHILD NOW.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• I starting reading to my daughter when she started showing an interest in books at about 7 or 8 months old
    trying2staysane

Answer by trying2staysane at 9:31 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• WHEN I FIRST FOUND OUT WHEN I WAS PREGNANT
    godsaves

Answer by godsaves at 10:20 AM on Jun. 26, 2008