Question for all denominations...

Which churches ascribe to the belief that healing with herbs is a form of witchcraft, and therefore shun the use of them, and which churches don't? I'm sooo not wanting to continue yesterdays debate on the matter, I'd really just like to know who is for the use of them and who is against it...I already understand the why's of each side...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Witchcraft really? I'm Jewish and I've never heard of that. Seems weird since they are so close to prescription meds - just made differently really.
    Anonymous

• I've never heard that,either. I personally prefer natural medicine to the chemistry experiments offered today.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 1:39 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I attend a Church of Christ and we have no problems with herbs so that's one religion for your list.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 1:52 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I have heard but do not know who believes what in it... my church does not shun herbs... I know a few people who eat natural stuff from health food stores .... there is a book called What would Jesus eat or something like that... what a mind blower and how much of the food we consume today is really poison for our bodies.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:53 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Seventh Day Adventists are not against using herbs for healing. SDA's were given a special health message from God through our prophetess Ellen G White. So since we don't trash our bodies with unclean meats *unkosher* and mainly those who eat meat buy kosher but the majority are vegetarian/vegans/rawists. So since our health is our wealth why would we trash our bodies with pollutatnts that ware in those man made medicines that have horrible side effects and damage our bodies in other ways.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 2:06 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I think using herbs for physical health and healing is down to individual choice. Witchcraft as mentioned in the Bible is aligned with casting spells, using charms, ritual acts and invoking the help of other gods than the Creator. Using herbal treatments isn't automatically witchcraft IMO.
    JoojooJW

Answer by JoojooJW at 3:20 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• For medicinal purposes, I don't see why any religion would be against them. However, if they are used for spells or ways that are "unGodly" then I should hope any Christ-based religion would be against them.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 3:54 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• OP here *sigh* maybe I should have been more specific with my question...or given instructions..lol.. like.. list your faith, then a yes or no answer...something like this Jewish: no (not against herbs) pay attention to the question ppls~! ;)
    Anonymous