Do you think your kids act better in school than they do at home?

Why or why not?

For us personally, I think my oldest does, how else does he get quiet awards at school?

Cafe Jenn

Asked by Cafe Jenn at 1:00 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• No, I don't think my DD does. I believe she TRIES, but she is sooo bossy! I can stop her from being bossy to her brother most of the time, but I don't think she is watched as closely at school as she is at home. She's a good kid, but uh, she's def a LEADER! LOL!
    WatermelonNerd

Answer by WatermelonNerd at 1:09 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Children usually behave better with strangers, so I am not surprised yours does this at school.

Answer by older at 1:17 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Nope..my son is a booger at home and he's a booger at school,lol.
    I think in the first quarter he did better..because it was an adjustment period but now that he is comfortable and knows everyone...yep...showing his true booger headed colors,lol.
    And he is this way because...it's just who he is I guess. It's in the goofball gene he picked up from his father,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:19 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I know mine does. NJever gets in trouble, is helpful ect.....at home it is a whole diff story....
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 1:20 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• My son's behavior at school has been called perfect by three teachers now. At home he is not perfect he can be cranky and not listen most of the time he is well behaved. He has been nominated for an award for having good character if he wins he will be up for a district award. His teacher said she would expect to hear my sons name every year as a nominee he is so well behaved and so willing to help out. My son said his goal is to have perfect behavior in school through high school. He said the attention he gets is so much better than the attention the kids who misbehave get.

momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 2:16 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Yes she does. She would be in trouble CONSTANTLY if she acted 1/2 the way she does at home. Oh Man, it's always been amazing ot me that she can be so good for others, but such a brat for me. I know it's normal, but it's strange when you see it in action.

She does have trouble sometimes at school being to busy and flying around the room instead of paying attention, but nothing super behavioral.
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 2:38 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I know mine do, for sure. lol. :) don't know about other kids though.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 6:29 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• my 5 year old does shes so quiet and listens at school but as soon as she gets home shes loud and mean to me..
    proudmama930

Answer by proudmama930 at 9:18 AM on Feb. 3, 2010