why would he hound me to get a job, then find away so i dont get hired or make it so i cant get to work?

i tried gettin a job recently and b4 i applied with this company i talked to the hr person and she said that she would love to have me work for them. well my husband talked to the hr person then they all the suddened turned down my app. everytime i got a good job i had to quite b4 i got started cause he tamper with the car or take off so no would be there for the kids, but then bitches cause i dont work

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• It's called CONTROL and is a form of abuse. He wants to bitch about you not working, then make it so you can't work, so he still can bitch about you not working. He is not happy, he will never be happy. Nothing you ever do or don't do will make him happy. I can't believe the HR person even talked to him, it's just wrong. The whole thing is wrong and I believe you need to get out, you need to change your situation. I agree you should call the domestic violence hotline that rkoloms suggested. This will only get worse.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 6:15 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• WOW , I dont think he knows what he wants !!!!!
    Anonymous

• That sounds really controlling and maniplulative. Just my impression. It doesn't make a lot of sense why he would do this unless he just likes to whittle away at your self-esteem. You don't deserve that.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 1:52 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• To begin with why would he be speaking w/the HR person?? Be careful, please. Would he be more comfortable if you found a job you can work from home (I can help you with this) or do you think he'd be like this regardless? Bottom line is no one deserves to be treated that way! You are a person, with your own thoughts and wants. Sounds like he is a very unsecure person or perhaps there is something going on at his work that he fears you may do at your place of employment?? Food for thought.
    foreverhome

Answer by foreverhome at 2:35 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Sounds very controlling. and he doesn't really want you to work, he just likes to hold your "not working" over your head. Personally I would be PISSED if someone butt into my "work affairs" and contacted the HR person. I would be thinking we need counseling or I couldn't be in that situation too much longer! Your an adult! Would he enjoy you butting into his work affairs?
    Anonymous

• Uhh...I see HUGE RED FLAGS here.

Have you gone to counseling? Go. If you have to take a cab, do it...go yourself if he won't go with you.

This is the sort of person who than descends into physical abuse.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:25 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Yes CONTROLLING, mentally unstable........among other things.

How dare he call the HR person!!! You need to really really pay attention to his actions....assess everything in your life with him right now....does he hurt you physically? Does he love you? Do you trust him? Is he faithful? Is he affectionate? Is he angry? Irritable? Do you have children or pets? How does he treat them? What do your friends/family think of him?

I can't imagine being in your predicament. Very very strange....
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 3:26 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• That sounds like he's manipulative and controlling because you did what he wanted and he is trying to make sure you don't get the job when he insisted you needed a job. If I were you i'd wait until you have reliable transportation and someone else to watch the kids. Also do you have a cell phone that employers can call you at? If you do then give them your cell and don't tell him until hired and at work.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 4:24 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Please contact the National Domestic Violence Hotline: 800-799-SAFE (7233)

Answer by rkoloms at 5:50 PM on Feb. 2, 2010