My son won't stop his attitude and always wants to bring toys to school?

He don't listen either, and cries about bringing toys to school or playing his ds. Help me I am going insane... He is 6

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would say if you cry about not taking it to school then you can not have it at home.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 2:15 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Just keep taking it away and not letting him. Eventually he'll get the idea.
    Granted my dd is only 5 (will be six in about a month) We've fought this fight since she started preschool at age 3. That first year it took a while, but she finally stopped. Then she started "sneaking' Them into her pockets or book bag. We started having to go through her bag every day. It just wasn't an option, she wasn't allowed to take toys to school.
    Lately, she's been sneaking toys into her book bag because she doesn't want her little sister to play with them while she's at school. so we are back to going through her things and reminding her she cannot do it. Sometimes it's a pretty big fight, but as long as you are 100% consistent, he will eventually get the idea. Maybe you can have a place where he puts the toys he's wanting to take with him so they are in the same spot when he gets home?
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 2:36 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• My daughter got in trouble in front of the class for playing with her necklace. She was so embarrassed infront of all her friends. I just remind her of that incident and the conversation usually ends. I tell her school is for learning not playing.

Let your son bring a toy. Let him learn through his experiences.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 2:46 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• cont...or you can designate a special spot for the toy of that day and tell him it will be right here when he returns from school.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 2:47 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• you can do what I did with my son when he was in 3rd grade cause thats when he started. was I scared him a little , i Told him that kids might get jelious of his toy and they might break it on purpose, or someone might try and steal it. that worked he never asked to take a toy to school again. lol.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 6:19 PM on Feb. 2, 2010