Why doesn't anyone talk about this?

People make a big deal over the nothings in movies but they don't say a word about the tv shows and what they say.

Links below.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• omg. STUPID shows. I have to agree, they are pretty equal in their idiocy. BUT I am with the OP in this....if its WRONG for one group to say it then it is WRONG for ANYONE to say it. Thats like the N word. It doesnt MAGICALY become a NICE word because you drop an R and it comes out of the mouth of an AA! If you are going to lambaste ONE person for something and it is your belief that that THAT something is as awful as the things said on these shows you should not be giving them a pass JUST because the ALSO insult everyone else. I am pretty shocked that they are still on the air. :(

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 2:00 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Anonymous

• They are tv shows and any responsible parent checks the rating before they let their child watch. Those shows are both rated MA, which means only irresponsible parents are letting their children watch them without prescreening.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:39 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Both shows made racist remarks,
    OP
    Anonymous

• I don't watch them. I don't allow them into my house. However, they have a right to say what they want. It is a free country for now.
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 1:43 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• what I love about family guy and american dad is that he pokes fun at everyone. NO one group is safe! I think he is genuis and I love all the 80's references...and star wars...and all those crappy (said with love) movies from my youth.
    I think people take TV and Movies too seriously. I mean, it isnt a TEACHING tool! It for for entertainment and to spur converstation. Besides, if as a parent you dont know what your kid is watching then shame on you. It isnt Fox's job to censor. Talk to your kids about what is on the show, watch it with them.
    Anonymous

• Actually, people DO talk about these shows. I won't watch them, myself.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:45 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• My POINT being people cried adn threw a fit over transformers and avatar BUT Noone says a damn thing about these.
    Anonymous

• What exactly is your point? If those are the only bits of Family Guy or American Dad, I can see that you just might think they're picking on one race/religion/whatever. But they pick on EVERYONE. Blacks/whites/gays/hispanics, gays/straights...........etc, etc.

Don't like it, don't watch it. Don't want your kids watching it, don't let them.

Easy as pie.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 1:48 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Those were major motion pictures - not 30 minute television shows.

And more than that, the "problems" people created with Transformers and Avatar were that they were "against" ONE race.

FG and AD cover their butts by leaving no race/religion/sexual preference untouched.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 1:50 PM on Feb. 2, 2010