What kind of mom are you?

Are you the kind that when your kid falls off the couch because he or she was jumping on it, you hold them and calm them and comiserate with them, or are you the type that says "That's why you don't jump on the couch! Now you have a boo boo!"?

threeeunder3

Asked by threeeunder3 at 1:46 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• im a cool mom
    Anonymous

• not specifically either. i guage each situation on its own merits and how my child is reacting
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 1:47 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• it depends. if they aren't really hurt, then i would say, now that is why we told you not to do that. if they are actually hurt, i would calm them down and treat the injury as needed (if all it took was some cuddling, that counts....lol). however, while i was calming them down and taking care of the injury, I am also the mom who tells that they need to learn to listen better. that they wouldn't have gotten hurt had they followed our instructions....etc. it probably wouldn't be that exact wording, but i think you get the idea. i wouldn't reward them for bad behavior, but i would still treat the injury.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 1:50 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• it depends
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 1:51 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I'm the mom who says "Now you'll learn!" LOL! Just the other night, my boys were running around and I told them to stop. They thought they were funny and kept doing it when one of them slipped and fell. He wasn't hurt, just startled but he started wimpering so I said "See? I told you not to run." If they are hurt I will hold them, but I won't treat them like a baby and fawn over them.
    Anonymous

• I agree with: aly38914290
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:58 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I just tell them that is what they get for messing around!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 2:02 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I am both... more the consoling type of mom but not over bearingly..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:14 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Anon 1:52 I am like you. I was raised that way and that's how i learned lessons. This doesnt count for babies, though, of cuorse.
    threeeunder3

Answer by threeeunder3 at 2:38 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I'm the "that's why I said not to do that" type. If she's really hurt I'll make her feel better. I'm not evil. :) But if I set the rule and she breaks it, well now she knows *why* I set the rule.
    Anonymous