stroller

I need to get a double stroller soon!! any good suggestions?

Cherish050307

Asked by Cherish050307 at 1:59 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Not from personal experience, but from what I've heard other moms say - the side-by-side is better with children so nobody can fight about who sits in front. (Back seat is blocked from seeing anything ahead) Plus, I wouldn't want to be stuck in the back either....

I bought the Sit N Stand stroller for my 2 year old and newborn (yet to be born)....so at least if my son is in back, he can stand up to be able to see.
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 2:04 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I have a side-by-side and I HATE it. The kids can easily reach one another to take things, hit, bite, pull hair, and just generally annoy one another (this might not be as bad if one child is older, but mine are twins). It also gets stuck a lot when we go through doorways - you have to make sure the wheels are lined up perfectly straight before trying to get through. I know tandems have issues too - heavy, won't fit in some vehicles, kids fighting over front seat, etc. I think there are some tandems that have stadium seating to make the child in back higher, and I would think that would be nice. there are also some (Kolcraft Contours) that allow you to have the kids facing one another, or the sit & stand might be nice if your older child is getting close to the age he/she will want to be walking some.
    Anonymous

• I have a Graco Duo Glider and so far I really like it. My infant is still in the carrier which fits in the front or the back. I used to have him ride in the back with my toddler in the front but recently switched and now have the infant in the front and toddler in the back. She can still see to her left and right and a little in front...but it is great that they can see eachother ...she makes faces at him and it keeps them both entertained. Once the baby is out of the carrier...who knows how it'll work. =) It is large...it takes up our whole trunk (honda accord)
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 2:48 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• it depends on how old your lo's are and how you will be using it.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:19 PM on Feb. 2, 2010