Pagans - Don't you ever wish you could just be Christian?

I was watching a documentary about a Pagan Woman in Ireland. She stated that she sometimes wished she could believe in Christianity so that she could believe that it was all just a part of Gods Plan and not have to take responsibility for her own actions... Her father was a Priest and she had been raised in the church, so it's not that she didn't have an understanding in beliefs because I know that will be said.

Anyways, it got me thinking, I have felt that way. I have even said "It would be so easy to be Christian."

Has anyone else ever felt this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:12 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• she sounds rather confused and wanting to pass the buck to me on taking personal responsability. I guess I am something of a pagan. I do believe in God. I do not believe in MAN or religion. and as long as CHRISTIANITY spouts bigtory and advocates things like homophobia all under the cover of it supposedly being SINFUL and against god according to an outdated bunch of books "inspired" by god but WRITTEN by men with the GIFT of free will to add their own sins, hates, fears in as well? NAW you all can keep your christianity. God and i are doing FINE
    Anonymous

• I was raised Christian.. I left Christianity behind with NO regrets in doing so...
    I would never think nor have I ever thought of going back...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 2:19 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Well, I was raised Catholic, but honestly, I never believed in any of it. And honestly, I have NEVER mourned my inability to believe in an invisible deity. My morals and sense of right and wrong come from ME, not because I've been told to live my life a certain way. I don't judge entire groups for who they are (i.e. the gay community) or what they believe (i.e. everybody who's not Christian). I choose to treat people the way I want to be treated, not because I'm expecting some reward after I die, but because I feel it's the right thing to do.... So no, I haven't ever wished to be Christian, nor will I ever.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:21 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I have no regrets about being Pagan. It was the best thing I could have ever done for my soul!
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 2:22 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• No. i'm glad that i am what i am. if people want to hate me for being a witch, wiccan , or pagan then so be it i would rather be hated for what i am then be loved for what i am not. and i am a witch. like NightPhoenix said becoming pagan was the best thing I could have ever done for my soul. i dont think i will ever go back to christianity
    flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 2:25 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I have no regrets about being Pagan. I couldn't imagine ever wanting to be Christian. But I understand what you are saying. It would be much easier to be Christian. It would be easy to be one in a crowd where my beliefs were accepted, where I didn't have to worry about the safety of my friends and family just because of our/my beliefs. It would be easy to believe that bad things happen because of God or the Devil or that there was some evil force trying to bring us all down. It would be easier... But it wouldn't be me. It wouldn't be true to who and what I am... So, it wouldn't be easy at all!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:28 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Nope.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:30 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Yes and no.

Tho I am a proud and happy Pagan...it would be nice to be "normal", y'know?
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 4:15 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I was Christian for 34 yrs. I have no desire to go back to it.

So, no.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:31 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Have you all ever been truly Christian or just playing along with a title? Not to ever have a fulfilling relationship with Christ will lead you to paganism, witchcraft or whatever. The soul was meant to be satisfied with something it can connect to. Actually you are trying to connect to the Creator (God, Jesus) in your own way instead of following his pattern. You should attempt to find him while he is still near and you will find out that you can love him and nature for He is the Creator of it.

Anonymous