help. baby is a picky eater. will he starve to death (lol) ?

My son is 13 months old. today actually He is over all healthy, walking,e tc etc.. but he refuses to eat anything somewhat good for him! Everyday, without fail, I offer him a variety of fruits, veggies, etc (not a ton and one time, usually just one per feeding) and he wants nothing of them. cooked, solid.. doesnt matter. He refuses a LOT of foods we give him, and I am not sure whait to do. I know he likes things like scrambled eggs, oatmeal, grilled cheese, crackers, etc, but I really want to get him off the 'bread' path, and eating better. He was picky since he first started eating solids, and we always offered a health line of foods. We have even tried juices.. Also, he refuses to drink from a nubby, and I feel since he doesnt eat much he still needs formula, but is he too old to drink from a bottle?

Never had these issues with my first born.. Im at a loss.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• As long as he's eating something, he should be fine
    Anonymous

• But he is eating such small amounts of hwat ever he does eat.... it cant be enough...
    Anonymous

• You should be able to switch off of formula and on to whole milk at 1 year old. At this age milk becomes better for them then formula and dont stress about eating foods. He will not starve to death and if he doesnt like his sippy cup and likes the bottle then let him try half formula an dhalf milk and little by little until he is switched to milk. He will get the cup thing later on.
    Rebecca25

Answer by Rebecca25 at 2:37 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I was told that kids won't starve themselves. I offered veggies with ranch dip when my son didn't eat them steamed or baked. he liked them in soup though, oh and smoothies with fruit and veggies or my mom has a juicer and he loves carrot apple juice. you can make a caserole like tator tot casserole? tons of veggies in there. he is only 13 months though and just keep trying them, I've found my son initially had texture issues and is growing out fo them and will try more things,
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:30 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• the picky eater thing is normal it might not smell or taste good to him....if you want him to eat healthy try giving him stuff he likes but healthier like jello they make jellos made with real fruit and yogurts....you can also buy him the frozen juice pops the make them pediatric ones now for kids and if your worried about vitamins you can see if hell drink the pedicare ..other then that just keep offering him different foods but make them different ways it could be like i said the smell look or possible the way it feels my 12month old has to feel everything before he eats it if he dosent like the way it feels its not going in his mouth..as for the bottle thing they do say from what i was told take it away at 12months but i think that should be your baby choice my son didnt use the bottle during the day he wanted sippy cups but uses a bottle be4 bed. try the sippy cups that look like the bottle
    fristtimemommy0

Answer by fristtimemommy0 at 8:35 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I am going thru this same thing. *sighs* He prefers nursing and I was told to stop nursing him unless it's to put him down for a nap or for bedtime because he's not getting enough calories. But he's soooooooooooo picky!!!
    Pristine_Dream

Answer by Pristine_Dream at 8:56 PM on Feb. 2, 2010