Can you get unemployment if you normally have 2 jobs?

I normally work a full time with insurance and a part time job to make ends meet and have some extra money. My full time job is starting lay offs and I may get laid off. If I get laid off can I get unemployment even though I am working a second part time job?

I don't antipicate being out of work long but just worried about the few weeks till I can find another job.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Money & Work

• you can't get unemployment if you are still employed, you may qualify for underemployment though
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:25 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• ditto
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:28 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I believe so. You'll just need to be honest w/them about the 2nd job and how much you make and they'll consider that into the amount you can receive in unemployment. I was laid off from my job, really needed to help my husband with bills and wanted to stay home. I found a great home-based business opportunity that I could do anywhere in the world! There was no large investment, no inventory and no risk. It is an Inc. 500 manufacturing company and has received awards from the BBB. We just help set up customer accounts and the company pays us to do so. It has been a blessing in so many ways! I hope you give me the opportunity to share more of my story and information about our company! I know for a fact if you hear all the details about working for this company it will make sense.
    Please do not hesitate to reach out to me at malaniz0104@yahoo.com
    foreverhome

Answer by foreverhome at 2:28 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I don't believe you can in the state (Nevada) that I live in....
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 2:35 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• In CA, any income you earn from that part time job will be counted against your unemployment benefit. So...if you qualify for the top benefit of $450/week and earn $200/week in the part time job, you CAN collect $250/week in unemployment. If your weekly benefit is equal to or less than what you earn in the part time job, you can't collect anything.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:07 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Go ahead and file; you may get a reduced benefit.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:23 PM on Feb. 2, 2010