Husband/wife dispute...

spouse 1 says there is nothing in the bible that saying the four letter words is wrong, spouse 2 says those words are wrong and we are to respect others therefor words that begin with the letter "F" and end in "K" or the like are not right with God.

Opinions? Are there some words that go against the love of God? Isn't "Fudge" or "Freak" the same thing? You mean the same anger what is the difference?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• saying freak is gonna be less shocking for others and not upset parents of childre who overhear. but it is still cussing
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:39 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• There's a very simple rule of thumbs I like for these questions:

Ask yourself "if Jesus were in the room with me, would I feel comfortable using those words?"
    Anonymous

• If one spouse is offended by it ... then it behooves the other spouse not to do it. "it" can be anything and it doesn't matter if "it" is in the bible or not. It comes down to respecting one another.

Anonymous

• is your husband offended when you say you want to fork him?
    Anonymous

• Forks aren't right with god? Aww man....how am I going to eat my steak??
    Anonymous

• I am going to say that to my husband tonight. I am going to say lets fork! that made me laugh
    Anonymous

• So Fornicate Under Command of King is wrong Umm..........
    Anonymous

• You should respect your husband/wife.
    The bible teaches us not to use "vulgar" language. Essentially that comes with the culture. Here, things like "F***, Sh*t, D*mn, C*nt," etc etc are considered "vulgar".. "curse words". You are also not supposed to take his name in vain.. ie "Oh my God". I used to cuss all the time before I read the verses about vulgar language, then I just stopped.
    However, words to take place like "Crap, fudge, holy monkeys!, dang" etc are just words or phrases to express frustration. And generally anyone else hearing those won't think anything of it.
    Personally, when I hear someone cussing in a convo, I think less of them and their intelligence level.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 3:38 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Spouse two is correct... .here are some scriptures

Psalm 140:2-4 (New American Standard Bible) 2Who devise evil things in their hearts;They continually stir up wars.
    3They sharpen their tongues as a serpent; Poison of a viper is under their lips. Selah.4Keep me, O LORD, from the hands of the wicked;Preserve me from violent men Who have purposed to [a]trip up my feet.
    Proverbs 10:19When there are many words, transgression is unavoidable,But he who restrains his lips is wise.
    Proverbs 18:6A fool's lips bring strife,And his mouth calls for blows.
    Proverbs 18:19-21 (New American Standard Bible)19A brother offended is harder to be won than a strong city, And contentions are like the bars of a citadel.20With the fruit of a man's mouth his stomach will be satisfied; He will be satisfied with the product of his lips.21Death and life are in the power of the tongue,And those who love it will eat its fruit.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:53 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Ok now I can't stop thinking about fork handles. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz2-ukrd2VQ

beeky

Answer by beeky at 4:13 PM on Feb. 2, 2010