C-section??

First baby was an emergency c-section. At the time I was so scared for the baby I didn't have time to think about it, I only knew about an hour in advance. This time, the whole pregnancy I know that we're planning a c-section and I'm beyond freaked out about the experience. Like terrified, even though I know what to expect. Am I alone in this?

Adeline1210

Asked by Adeline1210 at 2:42 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• no, but don't worry you will be fine. i healed quicker from my repeat c-sections than from my emergency one so that is a plus. i had 2 repeats after my first one was emergency. i like knowing when the baby will be born so i can make arrangements for the other kids
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 2:45 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• cani ask why you are having another c-section? were you badly scared?you might be able to try a vaginal after c-section delivery
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:47 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I had a labor ending in emergency section and two more sections after that. Scheduled sections are a bit more calm when it's near term or term in the delivery room. You'll still need a pillow to hold against your abdomen to ease pain when coughing or laughing afterwards. You can ask to be awake with an epidural or spinal anesthetic for the birth. The tugging of the birth itself could hurt.

Scheduled sections are usually less dramatic more calm I mean that emergency sections because scheduled sections are done to avoid the medical trauma that mandated a prevous emergency section.

Concentrate on breathing slow and staying calm for baby and you too and family. Congratulations when are you due?
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 2:47 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Baby boy should be here May 7. I know about the possibility of VBAC, but I have so much to worry about with this baby, I don't need to worry if I'm going to make it out ok. It's just a scary procedure. I've talked to my husband and doctor about my concerns, I'm just still freaked
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 2:55 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• What has you freaked, exactly?
    The cesarean, the risks, something else?
    What are you doing to reduce your worries?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:09 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I know exactly how you feel. I have had 3 c sections. The first one was an emergency and the second one they told me that they wanted to make have it be another c section. I was scared as well the second time. Then when I had my third one 6 yrs had past and I was shaking so bad ... Just remember 45 mins. I had alot of scare tissue after my 2nd one and all I can say is that after getting in there and getting the baby out it took 45 mins. Not all of us are the same, though when asking my doctor then he said that it's usually 45 mins or less. V backs are dangerous I am told if they don't know how much scar tissue is there and sometimes it's hard to know till they preform the c section. Hang in there and think about the beautiful baby you will be holding when it's all over!!! Good luck and God Bless..
    Dannille33

Answer by Dannille33 at 3:18 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• ican international has a good site, if VBAC is an option for you.
    Anonymous