does your baby do this?

when my 1 month old son is falling asleep, or fighting it one, he rolls his eyes in the back of his head, twitches, giggles, and smiles all the time! i just wonder if this is normal?? and y he does it, if you know...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't why they do it but my baby would also laugh when he was falling asleep. Gas maybe?! Now all 3 of my boys sleep with their eyes half open so I don't know what is about.
    Anonymous

• Totally normal. You'll notice that a lot of things may happen in sleep before they happen while awake...smiling, giggling, facial expressions, talking, etc. Their subconscious is practicing. They say the best time to teach or study is right before bed because your subconscious mind will go over and over the material all night long and you'll remember it better in the morning.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 2:50 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• normal. just like adults he is dozing and his brain and muscles are working. probably in REM sleep. A newborn baby spends more than 80% of total sleep time in REM.
    Anonymous

• Mine did that too - so cute! I forgot about that.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:05 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• yes i love his smile... but the eyes rolling a lil scary
    Anonymous

• Yes, my LO did the same thing all tho her eyes didn't roll to the bck of here head, just up an over. But it prolly is fine. My LO quit doing this about at 3month but still smiles! Her giggling @ 1month was the cutest! =D Congats!!
    KileighsMom

Answer by KileighsMom at 12:07 AM on Feb. 3, 2010