labial chafing

I have large labia and find that certain panties and alot of seams of Jeans and pants chafe my lips. I have also found that wearing a pad at that time of the month makes them red and irritated.

Does anyone else have this issue?

If so, what do you do to prevent it? Do you use something to help? Do you avoid certain things or clothing types?

Someone tell me that I am not alone here!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:56 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Health

• u can have the extraness of them surgically removed. mine looked like elephant ears, and at normal size. if this is not an option for you, try to wear tampons instead of pads. the rubbing of it can make it worse. dont wear tight panties, make sure you get the confy size panties that fit "just right" dont wear tight jeans. also i was gong to add, try to tuck somehow the labia skin into your lips walls.. you know what i mean? hope this helps
    Anonymous

• I believe monostat makes something specifically for the healing and prevention of chafing on the inner thighs and crotchal area. It's not for yeasty beasties...It's FOR chafing.
    WatermelonNerd

Answer by WatermelonNerd at 3:09 PM on Feb. 2, 2010