Depression Buster Task 4 Can you do this?

Put on a pot of coffee or tea. :)
Start a list of things you enjoy doing AT HOME. What do you enjoy? Hobbies? Crafts? What did you used to enjoy?
After you make your list, come back and tell us the top two choices. You are doing awesome! I can throw you a rope, but YOU have to climb!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:58 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Health

• Task 1 : Take a shower and put on clean clothes
    Task 2 : Figure out dinner.
    Task 3 : Start a load of laundry.
    Anonymous

• OP: I like to knit and crochet. I have stopped because of time constraints and depression. Going to change that today.
    Anonymous

• 1. I like water balloon fights
    2. house work with a radio on loud
    3. sitting here with cafe mom...lol
    4 Shower then have a meeting with my daughter teacher
    Anonymous

• Dear OP,

I am not suffering from depression (I have in my past), but I think what you are posting is so great!! Keep it up! :) I think you have gotten the reality of steps out of depression....every single tiny step you take, leaves you SOMEWHERE you weren't before.

I hope you find yourself in a place that is completely different, exciting, happy, and peace-filled very very soon! For me it was 2 things: 1. What you are doing now: taking baby steps. I committed to very small endeavors that led to very big changes, and 2. A voice in my head that said, "You don't have to be sad anymore."
    Anonymous

• OP: Thank you!
    Anonymous

• I like to play on the computer- Mostly CafeMom and Facebook (those dang games are addictive!) I used to like photography. I have a nice camera just sitting on the shelf. I also used to like digital scrapbooking, particularly designing my own backgrounds, elements, and alphas. I also liked digitally restoring old photos and retouching photos and making vector art, or just playing around in Photoshop.

Anonymous

• OP: Anons, what has stopped you from doing those things you like?
    Anonymous

• "what has stopped you from doing those things you like?"

Sometimes I just don't care about anything. Sometimes I feel like my photos or my scrapbooking or whatever is crappy so I give up. Sometimes I'm just tired and want to sleep a lot or just stare at the tv.

Anonymous

• OP: Anon 51, have you had a physical lately?
    Anonymous