I don't understand being a female

I just don't get this whole tracking system of counting when you ovulate and to do it all around your period. I should get it by now. My cycles are not the normal 28 days they are 32. Now that I have had kids I am more stressed and I can tell when my period will be late usually by 5 days. Well it was last month and did ovulation tests and nothing. Did it today and definite positive before the test was finished. I could really tell this one. Now if I go back to 32 days to I test earlier or what? I have tried counting on my calendars that I have online love mymonthlycycles.com I just don't understand it. Please someone shed some light on my retarded brain. Thanks. Also thanks for the advice on the test strips I asked about before.

ascmyworld

Asked by ascmyworld at 3:12 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• get the book Taking Control of your Fertility!! by Toni Weschler.

amazing book that teaches you step by step how to keep track of everything and what it means!
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:14 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Your cycle will change, especially if you're recently been pregnant or are on meds or under stress. YTou CANNOT ocunt on the calendar, and as a woman with an irregular cycle I've also found that online stuff doesn't work.

Head to the bookstore and pick up a copy of Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Wechsler. It WORKS and will help you understand what's going on.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:15 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Get Taking CHARGE of Your Fertility.

Ovulation calculators do NOT work. The assume that all women ovulate on the 14th day of their cycle or 14 days before the next expected period and that's just not true for most women.

I learned to chart from the book TCOYF and got PG in one month!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Feb. 3, 2010