Please tell me they are wrong!

It seems like everyone that I have talked to, with the exception of me and my mom, thinks I am having another boy! I have a 2.5 year old son and I really REALLY want the daughter that I have always dreamed of. I wanted a boy first then a girl and be done. For the most part, what did everyone say you were having? Were they right? I hope they are wrong!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• people have a 50/50 chance of being right or wrong...
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:28 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• How would we know? I guess you will just have to wait for the ultrasound.
    Anonymous

• Well it is either one or the other. Stop stressing about what you will have. I had a son first and then when I got pregnant the second time I wanted a girl sooo bad that when my midwife said my second baby was a boy I started crying. I still feel like a jerk for that. I now have three sons and couldn't be happier. Each baby is a blessing and you should be happy that you could get pregnant and don't struggle with infertility.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:32 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I wanted a girl the second time around. My husband did too. (We have a toddler son already). At the beginning of my pregnancy, my MW was absolutely certain I was having a boy. I was sure I was having a boy also. But by third trimester, I was pretty sure this one was going to be a girl. I was right. :-D
    My daughter's pregnancy was very different from my son's. I had very different kinds of symptoms, likes and dislikes. It was pretty obvious to me once I started paying attention that she was not going to be a he.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 3:40 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Everyone told me I was having a boy both times, they all said I carried all in front, but I really thing the fact that I am short waisted is why it always looked like a beach ball and not a watermelon...anyway, I had a girl and then a boy. You get who you are supposed to get, love the baby you have, not the baby you want =)
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:41 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Out of the people who guessed for me it was about 50/50. I'm in the same boat as you are I have one boy and I really want a girl. However, I realize that might not happen. Just try to focus on the fact that you will have a happy baby and you will have whatever you are meant to have. It really doesn't matter if it is a boy or a girl just that you are going to be a mom again and there is not more rewarding job!
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 3:41 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• i agree with the others, there is a 50% chance that they will be wrong. :)

w/ my son i had lots of guesses of girl and lots of guesses of boy. this time, most are guessing girl, but, sorry, i don't know the sex yet.

gl! and remember, if it is a boy, your son and he could be best buds for life. :-)
    Anonymous

• Unless "they" have a sample of baby's genetic matter, they are only guessing and a guess can be right or wrong. If you want an ABSOLUTE unequivocal answer, an amnio will give it to you...but there are risks.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:12 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• It's only a guess. Don't buy into people's guesses, especially if they're based on old wive's tales.
    Everyone thought I was having a boy the second time, even though I knew without a doubt it was a girl. My mom agreed.
    I knew without a doubt that I was having a boy the first time and I did. It was just my instinct and it was right.

It'll be what it is.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:14 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• You can't go by people guessing. I understand that you want a daughter but please try to be happy at the fact that you could get pregnant & that you will have a healthy baby! Some women can't have children, so be happy for whatever god gives you. He gives you what you are suppose to have! good luck!
    Anonymous