My 2 year old daughter was found twice today with her dipar off rubbing her coochie with a hairbrush and a spooon what does that mean was she melosted or what should I think

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• kids like to explore their bodies... even with things we think are weird
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:31 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I hope she wasn't.
    Perhaps it could be a yeast infection or something bothering her?
    Anonymous

• Maybe she's itchy. There are times when I've had a yeast infection that I wish I could scratch with a hairbrush. LOL
    Mary229

Answer by Mary229 at 3:34 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I would freak out with this behavior and think she was molested too. HOWEVER, on The Doctors - they discussed this and said this is simply normal behavior. Children explore their bodies and they find something they like to do....they keep doing it. They mentioned to not scold them, but tell them where/when this behavior is appropriate...."We don't do that in front of people."

No matter what, I would perk my antenna up and pay attention to the people around her/you just to be on the safe side. Sexual abuse is all too common........ (It happens to 1 in 3 girls & 1 in 8 boys was the last statistic I read.....)
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 3:37 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I agree with the itchy...You might need to change soap. I would take her to the doc tomorrow just to be sure.
    WatermelonNerd

Answer by WatermelonNerd at 3:37 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I think she's just exploring.... I've caught my 4 year old rubbing the fringes on a belt down there.. I totally freaked (not in front of her) I kept thinking someone touched her...she told me no i asked her a few times and she told me no. I asked her why she decided to do that she said "mommy i just like to nobody touch my GG thats bad just me touch it,"
    Anonymous

• Children explore their bodies. (Or itch, as others have pointed out). Sexaul abuse has many other signs -- usually behavior -- that you would most likely pick up on. If this is all she is doing, then she's just being a kid.
    Anonymous

• ummm...well,yea she could possibly have an itch. but, i also saw a show the other nite about sex addicts.....and this one woman swore she had been obsessed with touching herself for pleasure since the age of two. she said that by age eleven she was 'fingering; herself up to fifty times a day. she wasnt molested or anything like that, she just had a real obsession with maken herslf feel good. so i dunno!!! my frineds daughter at the age of three was caught in the tub putting a barbie doll leg in her coochie....of course she flipped... and by age five she was caught at school showing other kids how to make themselves feel good. she went to dr. and he just said she was curious...i think she needs therapy and maybe overly xposed by hoochie momamoma!!!
    Anonymous

• could be itchy or she could just like the way it feels. Maybe TMI, but I liked touching myself at an early age.. it felt good. I was never molested or anything like that. I just kind of found out by accident. If you're really worried about it you can talk to her doctor about it. Signs of molestation are on this website.. hope this helps
    http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/787889/sexual_abuse_of_toddlers_six_behavioral.html?cat=25
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 5:08 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I think it's pretty rare that body exploration at such a young age is a sexual thing, or a masturbation thing.

But if you're worried about it getting to a masturbation level, then you can certainly teach her in an age appropriate way that it's okay to touch but not to tickle.
    Anonymous