Soda: How often?

How often do you allow your kids to have soda?

Cafe Jenn

Asked by Cafe Jenn at 3:37 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Never
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 3:38 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Personally, not very often at all. I'm blessed, in that my daughter really does not like soda at all. My son likes it, but only if I'm drinking it-and I only drink diet-and that not very often either. They prefer milk, juice, and water.
    WatermelonNerd

Answer by WatermelonNerd at 3:38 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I don't buy it, but if we at someone's house and they serve it I don't forbid it. Maybe every 3 months?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:39 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• NEVER
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 3:39 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• one or two on the weekends
    Anonymous

• It is NEVER appropriate to give your child soda. In fact, it is HORRIBLE for EVERYONE.

But, I drink the hell out of it!! :) I won't give it to my kids until they are in Middle School or older (If I can get away with it!) BUT, I must admit, my son has taken sips of mine when there isn't anything else around...thank god, he prefers milk or juice!

It's hard not to let your kids have something you drink all the time....
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 3:42 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Never, The Few Times My DS Has Had A Sip Of It He Says It Tastes Funny(And Asks For Water or Milk) And He Doesn't Like The Bubbles. Plus We Don't Have It In The House Either Because My DH & I Don't Drink it.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 3:43 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• My kids won't ever have soda. It's horrible for you.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:59 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Once or twice a month on average. It's something I only buy as a treat. When we're eating out they'd rather have chocolate milk, which is also considered a treat since at home its always white milk.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:07 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• We don't drink it so they don't drink it. They have juice or water when we are out.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 4:53 PM on Feb. 2, 2010