Has anyone heard of Hatian orphans being brought close by your area? I know some have come here, breaks my heart to think of them, wish I could take one. :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• You wish you could take one? You say that like they are puppies in a box.
    How about, you wish you could give a child a better life. But, take one?
    Anonymous

• Ok lets play semantics. I have dreamed of adopting and "giving a child a better life" as you like to call it, FOR YEARS.

I saw a video of a destroyed orphanage today on tv and I wanted to reach through the screen to pull them to me so I could feed them, cloth them, bandage their cuts and give them love.

So, did that make you happier....seriously.
    Anonymous

• I agree with both of you. It angers me that children are being taken away from their homes, but I think the quality of life I could give would be better. I am sad I can't go to them to help.
    Anonymous

• Watch your words anon at 3:48...anon at 3:43 will crucify you if you say it wrong.
    Anonymous

• Why are you all replying anonymously? Just curious...as this really isn't a question that anyone should attack you for. It's your right to be anon, and i'm not bashing you for it, just curious is all. LOL After about five or six anons it tends to get confusing around here. :P

I'd gladly take in a Haitian child...shoot I'd adopt ten of them if I could afford it. I feel so sad for them. I'd love to help over in that country, even if it was just a week(because obviously i have children of my own to care for). but i have no medical training. I'd even watch the children or something like that. I'm sure they need some type of childcare/assistance with that...but still medical training is a requirement.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 3:56 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• no, I just heard about the pinheads from Idaho who kidnapped those kids . . .
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 5:02 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I'd love to adopt a orphan too, but that story about how that group took kids and of them weren't even orphans made my blood boil!
    that wasn't rescuing, that was kidnapping!
    Anonymous

• I reply anonymously because I've been sought out otherwise- but I agree, it gets confusing.
    Anonymous

• I've heard that there were a lot of kids who were in the process of being adopted by American families, and the process was sped up because of the emergency situation. For the other kids still there, it is much to soon to determine if they truly are orphans. We don't want to add to their trauma by uprooting them from their home country and all their friends, and taking them from family members that may still be alive.

I was shocked to read about the "missionaries" who tried to take those kids who had living parents. I'm glad they got caught.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 11:48 PM on Feb. 4, 2010