Where should we live?

We are considering moving this summer to a new place. My husband is a Music Teacher and I am a Social Worker with focus in Play Therapy. We like cooler weather: cold snowy winters and not too hot summers, with mild, but noticeable spring & fall. We would like to live in a medium to large sized area, so that we have more options as far as...well everything. Got any ideas for us?

MamaLauraWilson

Asked by MamaLauraWilson at 3:41 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

Level 1 (-5 Credits)
  • northeastern Wisconsin
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 3:42 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Fargo ND
    Anonymous

• West Chester, Pennsylvania..There is a university near by, its a small city or large town, lots of nature parks and open land, and cool trendy restaurants and shopping. We have the best of all 4 seasons.

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 3:53 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Somewhere in the New England or Northen Midwest/Northwest area.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:55 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• My husband will love all of the answers so far. He did a report about Vermont in Junior High and has always wanted to live there. We currently live in the Pacific Northwest, but on the dry, desert, basin part. This is where my family lives, and where I grew up (my in-laws are 5 hours away, and we would likely be able to visit them just as much as we can now, no matter where we go). But even though we only live an hour from my family & friends, we rarely have visits from them. We have to be the ones to travel. To add to that misery, my family drama has been getting in the way of our enjoyment of having them close. I always thought that I wanted to be near my mom when I had kids of my own, but this isn't what I had pictured! So the only thing tying us to this area, isn't really tying us anymore. We are ready to explore...I think.
    MamaLauraWilson

Answer by MamaLauraWilson at 4:11 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Nevada
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 4:25 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• We loved living in Kenosha, WI. So close to Chicago, IL and Milwaukee, WI about in the middle of the two. Now we live in central IL in the middle of cornfields-eww- but close to some family so it is worth it.
    mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 4:32 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• CANADA! alberta - describes what you are looking for. winter, snow, spring, green, summer's mild. and there are cities or the wide open prairies.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 4:32 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Come to Chicago! It is a geat city for families.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:19 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• New England.
    I'm from Maine and the seasons you describe are exactly what you will get up there.
    There are well-populated areas in southern New Hampshire that will also give you the opportunity to enjoy a creative lifestyle while being close to Boston. Also, you will love all the benefits of living in states where you have the opportunity to explore nature and participate in all the outdoor activities up there.
    Northern New England is known as a little piece of heaven and I can vouch for that!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:56 AM on Feb. 3, 2010