is brown discharge normal at 5 weeks pregnant and a few like period pains ?

hi i found owt i was pregnant a few weeks ago and the doctor told me i were 7 weeks as took it from last period.then on saturday i started with a lite brown colour discharge.so i went doctors they sed it should be ok but gonna send me for a early scan . on monday i went n all along i thought i carnt be 7 im sure im 5 weeks. but had scan and couldnt see anything but the sack.so now there checkin to see if im earlier than wat doctor sed had miscarriage or ectopic. had blood tests which showed i were still pregnant so go bk 2moz for some more ten the answer. im going owt of my mind is it normal for these symptoms. i think im just earlier well lets hope so. any one who could help and give me some answers thanks

kodie17

Asked by kodie17 at 3:46 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had two healthy normal pregnancies and had brownish discharge the first couple of months...and also light period cramping from my uterus changing and growing.

Hope everything is ok for you too ;)
    Anonymous

• Sounds like a gestational molar pregnancy.
    Anonymous

• what is a gestational molar pregancy doctor didnt mention owt like that so aint worrying abowt that aswell
    kodie17

Answer by kodie17 at 3:56 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Anon: 51 here. I had brown spotting during the first four months of my last (4th) pregnancy. I was figuring it was because we were moving and I was under stress. When I finally was able to find a doctor, I went in. They said, let's do an ultra sound. Then they said that it looks like I have had a miscarraige. Then ordered some more blood work. I had postive Hcg. Positive as in VERY pregnant. They ordered a couple more and a second ultrasound. It showed multiple ball like growths. My HcG level was then through the roof. I had an emergency D and C. I then had to go for blood work every day for three weeks. Then every week for three months. Then every month for two years. It happens. The first sign is brown discharge.
    Anonymous