Will they look down on me for being on Paxil?

I have anxiety... I took paxil for it ..well a lady asked me if I would adopt her daughter because she'd been living with me for 2 years... someone told me that they could refuse the adoption because I'm on paxil so i got off. Her adoption is done but now her brother is with me through foster care... with all this stress I think I really need to be on paxil again to help with all the anxiety.... can they really not let me adopt the child because I have anxiety?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:54 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Health

• I don't really think they would look down on you for it. I'm not sure of the exact percentage but I know a large percentage of Americans are on some sort of anti-depressant or anti-anxiety pill. I would imagine that most places would rather you take the neccessary medications to feel normal rather than be off the medications and have anxiety issues. I could be wrong since I have never been through the adoption process but that is jmo.
    momof2il

Answer by momof2il at 4:19 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• There are a hundred other ways to manage stress than with a pill.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 4:01 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• No, they wouldn't.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:08 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• OP HERE___its not just stress......its anxiety.... i get lightheaded, dizzy, chest palpitations, and it's worse when I'm stressed. I tried for a year to do exercises and stuff without med and its just getting worse.
    Anonymous