After you have a baby does does everything go back to normal??

By everything i mean like your vagina. I know my question sounds self absorbed but i just want to know if my sex life with my husband is going to suck after giving birth because having a baby streched out my vagina???

Carby18

Asked by Carby18 at 4:00 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• after you have a baby nothing goes back to normal, you have to find a new normal... in many ways
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:01 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• peanutsmommy1 is so right. It all changes but you find a new way things work.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 4:02 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• C-section!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I have only had c-sections....but I have heard that some va-jays go back and some are never the same..... If you are young, you should be fine! I think the elasticity of your va-jay is the least of your worries though....I completely lost my desire for sex after my 2nd child. It took 2 years to sort of get it back, but by then I was pregnant with my 3rd. My doc can prescribe a "Viagra" medication for women. It's a hormone cream.......

Plus the stretch marks, loose skin, extra weight, skin problems, lack of sleep = lack of desire....etc etc etc

Hahah! SOrry to be Debby Downer....
    Anonymous

• After stitches and weeks without sex, I felt like a virgin again, it felt tighter than before, and hubby did not complain, he begs for more..And if you have a c section nothing will get stretched out..

Anonymous

• If you love your husband and your husband loves you, your sex life will not change drastically after the baby is born and considering that you should (notice ladies I should should, that means depending on how you feel, how you have healed and if you are ready enough for it) wait your six weeks to resume anyway! Believe me, that was the furthest thing from my mind after having my babies! If you are that worried, you can always do kegels, look it up or ask your ob. Good luck!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 4:07 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Mine went back. The stomach is a whole other beast.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:08 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• well I think things went back to the way it was before...I had 3 kids and my last one was just born 2 months ago. I didnt think my vagnia was "stretched out" or anything after...my husband even said that he thought I was tighter than before....it all depends on who you are. I know after having the kids I didnt feel as sexy as I did before but my husband makes me feel sexy no matter what. Why should your sex life change after having a baby? The only thing that might suck is finding the time since you might be tired from dealing with the baby and what not...but you will always find time to have sex....even if its putting the baby in their swing or something for 10 mins for a quicky....good luck and happy love making!!! :)
    Anonymous

• Ok this is not an answer but going back to my original question...... I am 18 and this will be my first and last baby but i have always been self concious about my body, yeah my husband always makes me feel sexy but im just scared to gain all of the weight and worry about the strecth marks and the chance my vagina might not go back to nornal then i think about the fact of getting a c-section but i dnt know if the scar would get any better! I will love my baby but if i cant feel sexy for the one i loved first i dont know if i will be happy???
    Carby18

Answer by Carby18 at 4:14 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• my vagina seems exactly the same to me and my husband as it was before i had my son. it took several weeks i'm sure.

i think for most women it takes a lot longer for sex drive to come back than for the vagina to go back to normal.

i hate to be a b**** but i can't believe someone would suggest having a surgery that risks mom's health and baby's health for something like preventing changes in the vagina... ? are you serious anon 4:04?
    Anonymous

• Mine got tighter!
    Anonymous