How can I tell my dr. no flu shot?

I do not want to get the flu shot for my one year old but every time we go in they make me feel stupid for not getting it. They tell me I'm not educated enough and try to pressure me to get it for him and when I refuse they are rude the rest of the time, it makes me not want to get ANY vaccines because of how they act. Anyways what should I say to them when they try to pressure me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Health

• find a new dr
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:17 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I'm sorry I guess I should have said that its not the pediatrician it's the immunization clinic where the people act like this, they are in a seperate area and my ped. is fine with it.
    Anonymous

• Be strong. Its YOUR decision, and the doctors and nurses shouldnt belittle you for your decision. Be confident you are making the right decision- and be persistent and assertive when you say NO. You know youre making the right decision for your child, right? So no need to explain yourself. Just say "No, I dont think its not the right thing for my son. No thank you." I *think* part of the reason they pressure you is because they get paid for every vaccine they administer/prescribe.
    Anonymous

• Just tell them that you've done your homework on the flu vaccine and you don't want it. Stand your ground. When they try to treat you like you are stupid or start treating you rude inform them that you want to speak to their supervisor. They can not make you get the flu shot. Or you can do what my husband does and say that your kid is allergic to eggs.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 4:24 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Like everyone else said say NO. Its your decision. Also why do you go to the clinic anyways? Does your dr not do immunizations?
    jazzysmommy1004

Answer by jazzysmommy1004 at 4:42 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• what everyone else said NO MEANS NO. it is YOUR child. your choice.
    My girl's ex dr tried to make me feel stupid for not wanting to have them get the chicken pox vaccine. my best friend's son ended up GETTING chicken pox from the vaccine, so i said no way in hell. They tried me make me feel stupid, but I said "hey it's my choice, back off."
    Sometimes people need to realize, when it comes to your kids, sometimes just simply saying "no" won't suffice. You have to get rude with people.. Ask for supervisors, tell them if they continue to treat you in that way you'll find another clinic to take them to.
    Wrtngfantasymom

Answer by Wrtngfantasymom at 5:46 PM on Feb. 2, 2010