Is it safe to take a 3 month old on an airplane?

Robin438

Asked by Robin438 at 4:17 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:20 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• YUP
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 4:21 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• yes. Just be aware that there is always the chance they could pick up a cold on the plane or airport.. just like you can.
    Anonymous

• I think that depends on the length of the flight. If it is a short flight, it should be fine. Consider, though, that your child may be exposed to viruses or infections on a plane with so many people together in an enclosed space. Check with your pediatrician to see if your baby is healthy to fly.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 4:25 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• yep. i did it when my son was that age. was pretty easy too, he slept the majority of the time :)
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 4:39 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Yes. We just flew with my daughter a couple weeks ago. She was 5 months old. She did catch a little cold on the way there, but she's fine now.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 6:37 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Yes you can. Were were stationed in Germany and our son was 3 month old when we went back to the states. The 8 hour flight didn't bother him at all. Just check back with your pediatrician to see if he has any objections. Otherwise I'd make sure to give your baby the bottle when your plane takes off and right before landing because the altitude change might otherwise hurt the ears....../Good flight
    Trinity4eva

Answer by Trinity4eva at 6:51 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Yes. I would really try to avoid it during flu season, though. But I know sometimes it really can't be avoided.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:15 PM on Feb. 2, 2010