Do you think girls should be given birth control until they're 18 so teen pregnancy won't happen?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Uh...no. I think parents need to take an active approach in their kids lives and keep communication open and talk frequently. Then they won't have to worry about it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:38 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• NO. It isn't up to me to decide other's reproductive choices. Otherwise abortion would not exist. :)
    Anonymous

• YES because we KNOW that most teens experiment reguardless of open communication with thier parents. they need to invent a BOYS pills
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 4:40 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• BC is not 100%. But teens who are armed with info and have access to contraception can make better choices. Nothing can replace active parents. And pregnancy can be the best thing to happen to many people. BC doesn't protect against disease.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 4:40 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• nope
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 4:40 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• coming from a once was teen mom- not everyone has parent who can do what pp is suggesting. so, yes. I am for teen birth control, I'll even say that I believe it should be mandatory. not all will agree- but until you've walked a mile in those shoes, you really can not make a statement regarding what is actually being prevented or not. the effects of pregnancy last a lifetime, no matter what age you were at conception- most teens can not handle it.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:41 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• No, I don't. You can't FORCE girls to do a thing like that! Besides, what about the boys? Should they subject themselves to chemical castration or something? Either way, birth control isn't 100% effective either... Personally, I think parents should be more responsible about teaching their children about sex, and ways to be as safe as possible. It irks me that so many parents seem to take the "just say no" approach, when it's been proven over and over it...doesn't... work. And please, don't give me that "my kids are Christian, they won't have premarital sex" business. Some of them might not, but the vast majority WILL. So EDUCATE them! It's fine to tell them they should wait until marriage, or at least until they're in a committed relationship, but you can still make them informed enough that if they do decide to have sex, they'll know how to protect themselves...

Sorry, total soapbox issue for me, heh.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:41 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I would like to add that I'm against making birth control mandatory for teenagers. I'm all in favor of allowing teenagers access to birth control if they so desire.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:43 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• No. There are serious health risks to taking oral contraceptives, and it goes against many teens' religious beliefs. I think education and availability of birth control are the best options. The government needs to stay out of our lives as much as possible.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 4:45 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Yes! Teens get horny and cant help it.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 4:45 PM on Feb. 2, 2010