Who is healthier?

I've noticed over the years of being with (and sleeping next to) my husband, that his rate of breathing is quite a bit faster than my own. Even in his sleep, while I am awake, he takes at least two breaths for every one that I take. I'm not sure whether that means that his heart/lungs are in better shape, or mine are. Anyone know? Which is better, slow breathing, or quicker breathing? Or does it make a difference at all?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:08 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Health

• I thought before it was just a guy thing but I realized its not so. It is not healthy for breathing to be like that...he may want to go to a doctor about it.
    stummegirl

Answer by stummegirl at 5:10 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• People all breathe differently doesnt really have a thing to do with health. My DH is a weight lifter healthy as an Ox and he breathes fast.
    Anonymous

• i think it is healthier to breathe in deeper and longer...how do your resting heart rates compare?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:50 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• as long as you're both breathing.....lol

Anonymous

• your weight too has a part in it.
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 9:02 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• OP - My DH and I are actually pretty close in weight... He''s only about 25 lbs heavier than me.
    Anonymous