For parents who have little ones in pre-school...

Do you save all your child's art/craft projects? I've put together a file for my son's stuff, but I'm wondering if I should keep everything. I mean he's only 2 1/2. I'm sure I'm going to many more in the future.
Thanks in advance ladies!

mommy2joeynabby

Asked by mommy2joeynabby at 5:12 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• I actually did keep everything. In a file box. LOL Until about 1st or 2nd grade, then, only certain things.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:13 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I saved everything until the end of the year. Then my son and I went through and picked out our favorites, some from the beginning, some from the middle, and some from the end of the year (to show his progression) The holiday ones were primarily the only ones we kept unless there was something extra outstanding (like the first happy face he drew)
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 5:13 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Oh, jeez. I may sound like a horrible mom, but I don't keep absolutely everything. I did keep some of her best stuff, just as I am going to do with our son.
    WatermelonNerd

Answer by WatermelonNerd at 5:16 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• i put them on the fridge for a while then i toss them, and replace them with new stuff.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 5:20 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I keep them all for a while, then I weed through the really good ones and toss (recycle) the rest. Otherwise I'd need a separate storage room for it all!
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 5:29 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• i'm glad you asked this. right now, we have two walls for art work on display. i have a storage box in the basement for the end of the year when we take it down. i think i will let the kids pick 5 or 6 pieces to keep a year...maybe. i hate to throw it out! now i have a son in kindergarden and i am keeping way too much of his writing samples already!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:43 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I kept all of my 1st child's art work and school papers until she was in 2nd grade. It was starting to overtake us! When I finally sorted through it and got rid of most of it was a huge task. With my younger ones I am only keeping a few things. My SIL has a little plastic thing with drawers, and her kids are allowed to keep what ever they want as long as it fits in their drawer.
    Anonymous

• the neat crafts yes, but not the scribbled pages that come home.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:49 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I keep everything my child brings home...She is 4 and is in pre-k. I just can't throw away stuff she draws and then writes I (heart) U mom!! it is sooo sweet...

And my mom has boxes full of stuff me and my brother and sisters did when we were little so i guess thats where i get keeping my childs stuff
    Anonymous

• My youngest is 3 1/2 and in preschool. It's only 2 days a week and she makes 1 small art project a week usually. I keep them all but toss her school papers. The same goes for all my kids. I keep most of their art projects but toss almost everything else. Actually papers that are only worked on one side go in the scratch paper bin to be colored on then eventually they go in the recycling.
    If I kept everything with 4 kids (soon to be 5) I would be on that show about hoards because I would have boxes upon boxes of papers all over my house.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:23 PM on Feb. 2, 2010