Do you give away your baby stuff? If so, where/who do you give it to?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:14 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• family.
    Anonymous

• I donated some stuff to a group for teen parents - they pay the girls with baby gear when they attend parenting classes. I have given some to girls that work at my babies' daycare. I have given some to other moms in my local cafemom group.
    Anonymous

• Craigslist. My daughter is 11 months old and I only buy from resale shops and craigslist, but family has bought us new stuff. When she is done with it or has outgrown her clothes I bulk it up a little bit and sell it on craigslist. So far I would say I have spent an estimated $300-$400 on clothes, toys and misc stuff and have in turn sold it for around $800. 200% profit. Craigslist is also a great place to buy stuff new and used for great prices and deals.
    MsMallory09

Answer by MsMallory09 at 5:19 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• i usually give mine away, and then get pregnant again! usually someone else loans or gives me stuff too. this time i am saving everything and then maybe i won't get pregnant again!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:39 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I garage saled all of ours, sent some to needy CM-er's., gave some to family/friends..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:55 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• family.

Answer by missanc at 5:56 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Have you considered giving it to Good Will yet? You can donate your clothes, toys, basically anything to Good Will. This way less fortunate families have the opportunity to get nice clothes and toys for sometimes as little as 50 cent for an outfit. I love giving my things to Good Will because I know I can help someone else with my donation. You can look it up online to see where the closest store in your area is.
    www.goodwill.org
    Trinity4eva

Answer by Trinity4eva at 6:46 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I gave it to my brother. After I had my daughter..he found out he was having a baby and I hung onto it until he found out what it would be...it was a girl, so he gets the stuff she grows out of. If not for him..I would donate it to a charity I know of that passes out free clothing once a week. I like donating to them because I remember going there with my grandma when I was a kid (yeah, we were kinda poor).. and I kinda feel like I;m giving back to the place that once helped us.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:08 PM on Feb. 2, 2010