anyone else??

My ds is 3 months and has been sleeping roughly 6-8 hours each night for a long time now. The last couple of nights he has been waking up every hour to every two hours, on the dot. He'll go to the breast for about 5-10 minutes and then go to sleep so thoroughly that i can't wake him. I'm so exhausted. He had a growth spurt late last week. Is this another one already? No fever and I can't see any buds on his gums. He takes a couple hour to two hour naps during the day.

Marri357

Asked by Marri357 at 5:17 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• aw he's just being a baby, something you gotta get used to. welcome to parenthood. my son woke up every 2 hour on the dot all the time till about 4 months
    Anonymous

• You may need to keep him awake more during the day. If he is taking several hour or longer naps during the day, he may be getting too much daytime rest. Also, give him his last feeding at about 10 p.m. and try to keep him awake for two hours before this last feeding so he will be nice and sleepy. If you continue a routine such as this, he will probably resume his former sleep pattern.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 5:26 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I always woke up my babies if they fell asleep after 5-10 mins on the breast, because I knew they weren't full enough to last them long. I would change their diaper in between breasts, take off their clothes, wipe their face with a wet washcloth - anything to make sure that each time they ate they got in a full feeding so they would go at least 3 hours until the next feeding.

Answer by missanc at 5:57 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Are you sure last week was a growth spurt? This sounds like typical growth spurt behavior. Frequent feeds and deep sleeps...babies grow when they sleep.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:19 PM on Feb. 2, 2010