Non Fat Dry Milk

Is this bad for you?

MalhotraFamily

Asked by MalhotraFamily at 5:25 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Food & Drink

• what are the ingredients?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:29 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• No. It tastes better when mixed properly and refridgerated overnight. The taste takes some getting used to, you can add chocolate powder to it. :)
    Anonymous

• No worse for you than regular milk.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 5:33 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• It's processed using high heat it becomes carcinogenic and the cholesterol becomes oxidized.
    MalhotraFamily

Answer by MalhotraFamily at 5:34 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Why ask the question if you "know" the answer? Why not just create a post and say, did you know...? Instead of asking a question and then answering it.
    Anonymous

• Because I wanted to see if anyone had anymore info on it. Just because 1 website I found says this doesn't make it true.
    MalhotraFamily

Answer by MalhotraFamily at 5:38 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• It is non fat so is doesn't have the rich butterfat in it. We live in an area that ice storms happen, but are not frequesnt. When they do everything comes to a stand still. I always keep a box of Sanalac..another non fat dry milk that comes in envelopes around for just such times. When my boys were little though I used it to stretch the milk budget. I would buy a gallon of 2% when they were roughly halfway down..I would make a quart of the dry and add it to the 2%. They njever knew...and they never complained. Just like putting generic cereals into the cereal keepers. They swear they never ate generic sereal. I have assured them many times they did. It is a great budget stretcher. I think it is even covered by WIC in some places.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:41 PM on Feb. 2, 2010