I often wonder why a person would purposely try to slam or give a non responses answer to a religious question?

Why would a person go into a legitimate question and start posting off topics responses that don't answer the question?

Are you afraid for others might learn something? Do you believe your agenda is bigger and more important?

I don't get it. I see this happen to questions asked about Christian religions more than other religions but it happens to everyone. Is it just insecurities about your own faith?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:30 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• dunno? why do christians do it all the time? nature of the human race i would say. everyone has thier own agenda
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 5:32 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I think most people are just trying to be funny and get a rise out of someone. You can disarm them by ignoring them.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 5:33 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• First, not everyone believes the same thing. Second, many are uncomfortable speaking about things they are not familiar with or things that challenge their own belief systems. So they may say something off color. You cannot force people to believe what you believe, so ignore the ones who insult you.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 5:37 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• neebug, I think you hit the mark. OK when off topic links are posted and when a person says will it also such and such there is a good chance that person is not comfortable with the topic.

thank you.
    Anonymous

• Probably because your question is beating a dead horse and has been covered ad nauseum. Something you would know if you'd bothered to use the search function before you asked it.
    Anonymous

• Why do people answer questions insisting that anyone who was a former Christian really didn't "get it" and that if they'd tried harder they'd be a Christian now, instead of understanding there is more than one religion on earth for a reason? Or are you only upset about "non-responsive responses" from non-Christians?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:55 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Or are you only upset about "non-responsive responses" from non-Christians?

no not just non responsive responses from non Christians more all of them but I am not upset.

Personally I think when a Christian goes into a question directed towards pagans and tries to change the topic or give non responsive responses it shows Christians in a bad light, and it works vice versa when a witch goes into a Christian question and purposely tries to talk about something off topic it makes her group look silly.

We are one body, when one member of the Christian church falls we all feel it.

I didn't understand why ANYone of ANY religion would do this. but now I do think it is just a comfort thing.
    Anonymous

• I think some people enjoy a good debate. Why get upset?
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:22 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• it depends on the question. If a question is asking for only answers from one religion, but is talking about another. The other religion should have the right to defend itself. If the question is open ended (not specifying), then it's open game. If the conversation in the post changes and starts to direct toward another religion. If someone finds the question to be offensive..
    I could continue, but you get the point.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:52 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Sometimes, just for fun!!
    Anonymous