Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do i get my Mortgage Credit Certificate?

we bought our home january 2009, and did not recieve a Mortgage Credit Certificate. im not sur eif i was suppoed to request one anyway since im new to thsi stuff when it comes to taxes.

can i just call my county clerks office?

Answer Question

Asked by erika_wright at 5:30 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Money & Work

Level 6 (103 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • If you are talking about the homebuyer's credit, you fill out a special form to include with your tax return. You may need a copy of your closing statement which you would have received from the title company or attorney that did your closing. You actually could have included this on the return you filed last year (any purchases the first few months of 2009 could be included on your 2008 or your 2009 return).

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

  • thanks, but no, im talking about a different credit. and we actually did include the homebuyer credit on our return last year.

    Answer by erika_wright at 5:49 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

  • Mortgage Credit Certificate

    Generally speaking, homebuyers who wish to obtain an MCC must meet certain minimum guidelines:
    1. Buyers must not have owned a home in the previous three years.
    2. Buyers must meet income and purchase price restrictions.
    3. Buyers must intend to use the new home as a primary residence.


    Answer by Anonymous at 6:26 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.