Questions for parents who homeschool.

I live in the state of California. I'm wondering what i have to do to homeschool a Kindergarten boy. How do i know that his education will count if later i decide to put him back in a public school? Where do i find the standards for what he needs to know? How many hours of work should i expect out of myself for his homeschooling? What other things should i consider before i make a final decision one way or the other? Any advice, tips, opinions, in put from your own experiences; etc?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 5:33 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• http://californiahomeschool.net/howTo/pdf/chnjtf2010.pdf

This pff file gives you "Just the facts," about homeschooling in CA. It's from the California Homeschool Network.

It is what I used to start homeschooling. It's pretty easy in this state. There are 3 ways to do it. I do the filing as a private school.

Also I don't even think kindergarten is required in our state. Double check that though.

I would say expect 2-3 hours of homeschool. The fun thing is you can gear themes around field trips or outings.

Some things I like for you to google. : Handwriting without Tears, Touch Math, Time 4 learning, Enchanted Learning.
    These things are great resources I use. Look on ebay or craigslist for used gear.
    Anonymous

• Thank you very much anon.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 8:14 PM on Feb. 2, 2010