Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What steps do we need to take???

Ok so recently a family member was declared unfit and her kids were either going to be taken by CPS or family. . . Thankfully family stepped up to take the kids. . . Now the mother does not want them or can't take care of them in the future. . . I currently have the baby. But no official papers have been done. . . what do I need to do to get guardianship!?!?!?!


Asked by Anonymous at 5:51 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

This question is closed.
Answers (2)
  • If any social workers were called in, contact them and they can help your case. This happened with a friend of our family and since social services was involved from the beginning, it was fairly easy to get the paper work pushed through quickly.

    Each state is different. You may want to start with your county CPS or social services department. You should contact a lawyer.

    Answer by ecodani at 6:03 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

  • go to the court house and file for custody

    Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:28 PM on Feb. 2, 2010