What to expect after hubby's vasectomy?

Dh had a vasectomy yesterday. He is in A LOT of pain today. He says that one of his testicles feels like it's in a vice grip. Is this normal? Did anyone else's husband experience constant testicle pain afterwards? If so, how long til it went away. Part of me feels bad for him but part of me looks at the 8 in scar I have from hip to hip from 2 C-Sections and thinks DH is overreacting a bit. Pain is normal after surgery, right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:05 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Health

• make sure he wears the jock strap or else the gravity will make that pain worse! Otherwise he should be back to normal in about 3 days.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 6:12 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• hehehehe...I like the part about you seeing your 8 inch scar and thinkin DH is overreacting...lol....he probably is in pain...but so were you....;) We all do what is necessary right?
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:25 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• He probably has some pain, and for men it seems that when it's in that area the pain is always sooo much worse. Wearing a jock or tighty whities, icing it lots (my hubby uses frozen peas) to keep any sweeling down. Three days sounds about right for a recovery period.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 8:21 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Thanks ladies!!
    Anonymous