how can I make her feel better?

My newborn is only 5 weeks old... In the last couple of days she has been extremely fussy and wanting to be held all the time... This isn't normal for her, normally as soon as she falls asleep you can put her down for about 3 hrs n she will just sleep only starts crying for a bottle. I think her stomach has been upset or shes constipated because her poop is getting harder and she doesn't poop as much. What can I do to help her I've ran out of ideas. I've tried just about everything but feel bad because nothing seems to help.

shootingstar22

Asked by shootingstar22 at 6:26 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• aww honey. i didnt have this problem at all with my youngest. but i feel for you. have you tried callling your DR to ask?
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 6:28 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Not yet, I'm going to tomorrow if it still doesn't get any better. Sometimes she'll be a little better than others. It always seems like when I'm ready to call she starts acting like shes feeling a little better but that doesn't last for more than an hr or so
    shootingstar22

Answer by shootingstar22 at 6:31 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• She may need a change in formula? Def give doc a call. Hope she feels better soon. I understand how frustrating a fussy baby can get at times..especially when you just don't know what else to do.
    Also...a snuggly..I used one for the first few months with my daughter because she was a little fuss bucket and just wanted me to hold her all the time,lol. phew..glad those days are over,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 6:32 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• my son had some tummy problems too when he was very young, it lasted for a while and then it went away. but it sounds like she might be constipated, you should call your DR and ask for the OK to give her just a little prune juice. my son was constipated around that time also, and the DR said we could give him some prune juice, so we got the gerber prune & apple juice and it def did the job!
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 6:45 PM on Feb. 2, 2010