Are you afraid to drive out in bad weather?

I'm talking in snow and ice conditions.

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 6:27 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• The only reason I don't like it is because other people all of a sudden lose all driving skills. It's terrible here in California, when it rains, 99% of the drivers out there turn into total idiots. It's just rain, for crying out loud, it's not going to kill you to go faster than 30mph on the freeway!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:28 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• No, I have lived everywhere and can handle anything. I do however laugh at all these big city people who freak out over a little rain
    Anonymous

• I live in So Cal...we don't get that, thank goodness! I'm not fond of mountain trips in snow season.

But FOG is what scares the dickens out of me. And heavy rain. Last week we were hit by a serious rainstorm, and THAT'S when one of my windshield wipers came off its bracket! Part of that wiper is still on the 215 freeway somewhere!

Answer by gdiamante at 6:30 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I know what you mean I remember when I was just starting to drive my dad would always tell me to look out for them other idiots out there...I would walk off saying ok then it dawned on me way a minute...lol
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 6:34 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• No, I kind of get into it...I like spinnin cookies in empty parking lots and stuff.. wheee...lol.. my car handles the ice pretty well, I do get nervous about the other drivers but I'm more inclined to be scared to drive on the freeway in a heavy rain, with all the semi's on the road throwing water at you it makes it hard to see sometimes.
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 7:16 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I don't like the ice but snow and rain don't bother me. It's kind of hard to avoid where I live. I worry more about the other drivers who turn into idiots and act like they've never driven in snow before every winter. It's Chicago, we get snow...learn to drive in it.
    I get a little more nervous when we're out of the city and it's icy. We were in MO visiting family once and out for a drive. My husband told me to turn down some road (he knew his way around) but the whole hill was covered in ice. I made it about half way down fine but then started to slide and we almost went into the ditch. I was ticked. We ended up having to put the truck into 4 wheel drive to get out of there. And it's amazing how useful 4 wheel drive is in the city, too.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:47 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• No, it doesn't bother me. I love to drive, it actually relaxes me. I do deliveries at work, regardless of weather. I live in NW IN, so we get rain, heavy rain (I call it monsoon rain LOL),snow, ice, sleet and a mixture of all of it...doesn't faze me a bit.
    offrdngal

Answer by offrdngal at 9:49 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Snow no, ice yes, it is dangerous no matter who you are, what you drive, or where you are from.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:13 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Alexander, yes it is dangerous but that doesn't mean I have to be afraid to drive on it.
    offrdngal

Answer by offrdngal at 7:44 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Nope, not at all. I'm a native of Maine and have driven in those conditions for years with never a mishap.
    Here in Virginia, though, I'm afraid of all the people who do not know how to drive in it because they are really dangerous no matter how careful and good a driver I am.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:39 AM on Feb. 3, 2010