Do you think people should have to pass a test and meet certain requirements before they can have a baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:29 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes but it wont ever happen.
    Anonymous

• YES! The pp is right, it'll never happen, but man oh man, how nice would that be? I also believe people should take a test before they're allowed to get married, heh.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:31 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• There are times when I do. As the pp said, it won't happen. But I DO wish that some basic life skills class was required fro high school graduation. Basic child care, household budgeting, that sort of thing.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:31 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• YES i do. but it wil NEVER happen. IN america reproducing is seen as a right. but it SHOULD be a priveledge EARNED
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 6:33 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• That was on Fox 8 news this morning. I think it is ridiculous. We are people for goodness sake and it takes all kinds of us to make the world go round. And who would set these standards for what makes a good or fit parent or not? I just think the whole concept is stupid.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 6:34 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• But I DO wish that some basic life skills class was required fro high school graduation. Basic child care, household budgeting, that sort of thing.

I took classes like that in Jr High.
    Anonymous

• That sounds very pro eugenics, which is a NAZI tenement. No I am not in favor of that.
    Anonymous

• No no no...stupid! Since when did the government control our lives? I don't see how a test would help in any kind of way..
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 6:38 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• No, but I think extensive labor / parenting classes that include lactation support, cooking, child care from new born to 5, cpr infant and child, nutrition. Etc. Etc. Hell, I would even throw in a money management course.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 6:38 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I am with Kim...WHO gets to decide who meets standards. I took a Budgeting class in 6th grade, a financial class and family class in middle school AND HS!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 6:38 PM on Feb. 2, 2010