Sweet Cornbread?

How do you make sweet cornbread? I make regular cornbread from the package, and I was wondering if there is a sweet cornbread package or do you make it sweet by adding to that package or do you have to really just home make it? My husband doesnt like regular cornbread, but he likes the sweet kind and i'm wanting to make some with red beans and rice next week.

any suggestions and recipes will help :) thanks ladies

Bran6903

Asked by Bran6903 at 6:41 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I just add sugar to the package, or I do make a homemade version, but I also just add sugar.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:41 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I buy the Jiffy mix and add sugar myself. About 1/4 cup worth.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:45 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• i use Jiffy corn bread mix. follow the directions on the box BUT also add in a tablespoon of sugar and about a tablespoon and half of honey. bake folowing the directions on the box till done
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 6:45 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• honey, that sounds good :) thanks ladies.
    Bran6903

Answer by Bran6903 at 6:46 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Jiffy corn bread with sugar and add alittle vanilla extract for a touch of another flavor...Is he a coon-ass? I heard people from Lousiana like cornbread and milk, there is a name for it but I forgot I gotta call my SIL...lol
    Anonymous

• well how i do mine is i buy jiffy cornbread and make it like you would make reg kind. and I add 3 tablespoons of sugar 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and about a half cup of honey HE WILL LOOOOOOVE IT!
    Armywifelovely

Answer by Armywifelovely at 6:52 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Krusteaz has a boxed honey cornbread that I love. Not sure that is as sweet as you're wanting, but it's fairly sweet. You could always add sugar or honey to most other mixes I would think.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 7:10 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I finally found the secret of Famous Dave's really moist corn bread muffins!

They use corn bread recipe+ yellow cake mix!
    Yum!
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 7:11 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• add about 1/4 cup BROWN sugar. and if you ust use the recipe on the back of the cornmeal container, its SOOOO much better if you make it from scratch!!! and it doesnt take that much work.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 7:48 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I buy Aunt Jemima corn meal and follow the recipe on the bag, but I add some extra sugar and I bake it in my cast iron skillet. It is soooo good, everyone who's had it has said it's the bomb! It's definitely better than the prepackaged mixes. You could easily add some honey, but leave out a little of the liquid called for. I don't do that though as it makes me sick.
    Anonymous