Ideas for a SAHM?

I'm currently a SAHM of a 4 month old, and seeing as it's winter and freezing, I usually stay home all day while my husband is at work. I can't wait until spring when I can take him outside! Almost all of my friends work during the day, so visiting with them is rarely an option. Any ideas on things to do with a baby outside of the house that doesn't involve being outdoors? Any ideas would be great, as I'm getting so bored, lol.

StefanieN84

Asked by StefanieN84 at 6:46 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I soooo agree with you!! I am in the midst of terrible winter blues! lol..and I really can't leave my house because I babysit all day for money so I can stay home! UGH! But if I didn't have to do that..I would be taking baby to the library...many of them offer free play groups,music groups,reading groups for mommies/caregivers and the babies. Go to the zoo if they offer the indoor rainforest like they do in Cleveland, its awesome..and soooo warm! lol. Go walk around the mall...even if you don't buy anything..just to get out..and most babies love taking walks in thier buggy.
    Have fun! ( have a lil for me too..cause I am just STUCK in my house during winter!!!ahhhhh!!!lol)
    Man I can't wait for springggggggggg.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:38 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• the library?
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 6:47 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Go to the mall, go for a drive, take a mini-road trip to a different town. Make weekly grocery trips instead of bi-weekly so you have more to do. Look for mommy and me classes your community center might hold. Go to the gym. Go to the pet store. Take a class (some sewing stores offer quilt-making classes). Find a playdate in your area. Make a new friend and have dinner at their house.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 6:49 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I've recently had this problem also... I've been trying to make the house perfect and my daughter has been crawling around helping me out... throwing laundry on the floor out of the dryer, banging pots and pans as I do dishes, ripping papers I don't need for taxes, dusting. Baking is a lot of fun too, I love letting my baby girl lick the spoon, she makes a huge mess, but I've got the time to clean it up, I'm a SAHM. Excersize is also fun with your baby, or start putting the baby on the floor and teach it how to roll, just making your baby laugh will keep you occupied and her happy too. Cross stitching pictures for your baby also helpful when you're bored.
    not-so-des-hw

Answer by not-so-des-hw at 6:51 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• r u breastfeeding? If you are there are LLL meetings u could go to and meet other moms
    Anonymous

• Thanks for the ideas ladies, they're appreciated! :)
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 8:16 PM on Feb. 2, 2010