How do you have your kitchen cabinets organized?

My dh said he would buy me a new set of dinner and cook ware if I clean out the cabinets...I just don't know where to begin some of this stuff is still in good condition. Help!

Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Kitchens are supposed to have cabinets? And they are supposed to be organized, you say...hmmm. This is a foreign concept to me, lol.
    We have cabinets over our sink (2 regular and 2 half sized ones). One has all coffee mugs in it. The other has all glasses in it. The half ones above the sink have the "good" plates and bowls all piled in (we don't use them).
    We also have an old metal cabinet that my parents have had for...ever that is moveable and it has all the pots and pans all thrown in. That's about it. There are two cabinets on this wheeled cart but they are full of cook books and other junk (we have it for the counter space because there are zero counters in the kitchen). Ahh, the joys of living in an old house. Everything else is in the pantry or on wire commercial racks all around the kitchen.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:24 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Go throw it all in his vehicle for treating you like a child :p You shouldn't have to earn a gift by being a good girl...not trying to be a biaatch but sheesh! He should just be kind enough to buy you the new set of dishes and let you arrange the cupboards however the hell you want to...if he doesn't like the way they are, he can clean the damn things himself! Jmo~
    Anonymous

• Just keep the things you really need- at least 1 med pot and one large pot, and one large skillet and one small skillet. You dont really need anything else (because that is all the cookware I have!!) For the things that are in good condition that you dont really need, you can donate them to goodwill or put them for free on freecyle or for money on craigslist.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 7:05 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I did this about a month ago. Pull everything out of your cabinets, throw away no good stuff,make a "to be given away box" for stuff that is still good but you know youre never going to use it. Once everything is out, wash down cabinets inside and out. And organize how you want it...most used items in easiest to reach places...Least used items on the highest shelves. Put some order to it...like items together. Use small baskets for packets of stuff (like taco packets,gravy packets,yeast etc...) . Try to put all labels outward so you can see what they are.
    Once it is all done, you will feel so much better being so organized, I know I did.
    Oh and ..when its all done...tell your hubby if he ever tell you that you can have a new something when you complete a "chore" or task" he can kiss your A$$. If you want it and you need it and theres money for it...you should just be able to buy it...not because you were a "good girl"
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:32 PM on Feb. 2, 2010