Do people really think that 100% abstinence is attainable?

There will always be teens that will have sex no matter what.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:56 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think people who honestly believe teenagers are not going to have sex are smoking something... Not very realistic at all. And I think those people's kids are usually the ones ending up pregnant, or with an STD.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:57 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• 100 percent of ANYTHING is not attainable...except a 100% death rate. ALL of us are going to die sometime.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:57 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• There will allways be those that do and those that don't - imo
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:58 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• DH and I were both virgins on our wedding night. We have been happily married now for 11yrs
    Anonymous

• i personally have never met anyone who was abstinent. im sure it is possible, maybe by kids who were raised by christian fanatics. if a child chooses to be abstinent, more power to them - i just dont like the parents who try and force them and wont teach them about birth control or condoms because they are so set on them being abstinent.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 7:00 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• lol all my close friends waited to have sex till marrige except one and they were all between 18-21 and i dont have just one friend so ide say yes it can happen,but is every parent gonna take the time to teach them morals and actually watch their kids and set some bouderious.............now that is what i think is the real problem here.do teens wanna have sex? ummmmmmm yes! but will they if they are shown how to act and have morals and convictions no they wont,but noone of that matters any more that s why teen pregncy is flying up the roof.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 7:02 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Do some teens hold true to it? absolutely
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:05 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Agreed Busy
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:06 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I know quite a few that waited until marriage. It is interesting that both groups of friends (virgins and non-virgins) have the same divorce rate. I am 44 and most of my friends are around my age. I was surprised at the number of my friends that waited until marriage that are now divorced. As far as your question- as long as we have free will there will never be such thing as 100% abstinence. In the end, the only % that really matters is YOU-if you believe in it GREAT, if not- that is your choice. I do not think my marriage is diminished by the fact that my husband and I had sex before marriage.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 7:07 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Are we only talking teens here? Can you have sex at 20 without being married under this question?
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 7:08 PM on Feb. 2, 2010