for the women who think abortion is killing a human being..

just wondering. if you believe a women is killing a human being by having an abortion in the first weeks, im just wondering.. what exactly do you consider a human being? do you consider a sperm a human being? is an egg a human being? or is it the second the sperm & egg meet that you consider it a human being? If you have ever watched the movie miracle of life, or really did your research, we know that it doesnt have the necessatys it needs to live yet at those early stages so technically it is not a human being yet. do you feel that way because you ignore science, and rely only on religious beliefs, or what? just curious.

PURPULbutterfly

Asked by PURPULbutterfly at 6:57 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Like I said, nobody is ever going to agree on this one. For me, I consider "viable" a baby that can survive outside of the womb. I do not consider first trimester abortion murder. Would I have an abortion? No, not unless it was medically necessary. Am I going to condemn a woman who choses abortion, when I know NOTHING about her situation, and what led her to that decision? Absolutely not. I think in 99.9% of the cases, abortion is NOT an option that was chosen lightly and I don't believe for one second it's an easy decision to make. Making those women feel even worse seems just cruel, in my book.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:21 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I think asking a question like this is just asking for a whole lot of drama.... And for the record, I don't believe abortion is the same as killing a human being. But the way I see it is like this, those who do should accept the fact that not everybody feels the way they do, and that we can argue both sides of the topic until we're blue in the face, but we're most likely not ever going to see eye to eye on the issue. Besides, it doesn't matter what anybody thinks, abortion is still legal, and as long as it remains that way, the anti-choice people will just have to deal.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:01 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Look up fetal development. Read all that for the first weeks if you can still do it then you are sick. Just my opinion.
    Anonymous

• just wondering you are but at the same time you are making sure our beliefs are based on ignored science ROFL who is going to take your question seriously?

I am pro life from conception to natural death

I would elaborate but you don't want an answer you want us to oh my, now that you said it isn't a human being I see I am wrong. Murder is murder and a woman who gives the order of murder is a murderer
    Anonymous

• i dont post questions to start drama - i post questions to have a conversations and hear other peoples point of view. i personally dont consider anything that goes on cafemom "drama". i mean cmon, its a website. when i log out, thats the end of it. thats not drama.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 7:04 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• i think its funny how nobody has answered my question. i dont remember being rude in my question, im stating my opinion - yes it is something that makes me feel its not murder. so im asking you, even with this fact - why do you still consider it murder? if you cant answer my question, then ill assume what i assumed in my question.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 7:05 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Get over it. You have to have lived long enough to know people spout one opinion for the public then go and do anything they want. End of story. Period. They are never going to admit being two faced so what is your point? There is none. Go crochet something or bake something.
    Anonymous

• People have answered.Yes you do try to str things up. People have given youtheir point of view. So now that is not good enough?
    Anonymous

• Your question was answered in full, but since you continue to ignore the responses such as fetal development and moment of conception I will assume you started this just for drama and and I will assume what I assumed when I first read this that you don't want an answer.

I think it is funny your question was answered and you were told by more than one person your wording was drama and yet you can't acknowledge that. I will just assume what your question leads one to assume
    Anonymous

• i agree with you purplbutterfly...it seems ignorant to me to consider something that can't live outside the uterus (even with scientific help) a human. jmo.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 7:08 PM on Feb. 2, 2010