How can I get this baby out of my ribs?!

I'm 32 weeks pregnant and my little girl loves bunching up around my ribs. It's so uncomfortable and downright painful when she kicks or moves at all when she's like that. Is there anything I can do to try to convince her to move?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:34 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• What I did with mine is jump around and push on her to get her to move.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:35 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Get on all fours and do some gentle back arches
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:35 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• you can't jump when you're pregnant, the baby will fall out!! (LOL)
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:36 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Walk alot. Don't sit in one spot for too long.

In a few weeks she will drop and you'll be complaining about having to pee all of the time. lol
    Mrs.Mack.

Answer by Mrs.Mack. at 7:43 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I heard you can try putting a cold pack on the spot and the baby may move away from the cold.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:48 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• i know how you feel. my son was the same way. i have read that if you sit in a high back chair and put your arms up in the air it can help. but i never really found relief. i just always put my hand there for counter-pressure but it was very uncomfortable. it did get better around 37 weeks so my last few weeks were more comfortable.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 7:53 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Oh I feel your pain. My son was like that and breech so it was his head. he stayed there until the day before he was born 10 days early. The best advice I got was to get down on all fours and that seemed to relieve it a little. Also moving around seemed to help and if it was really bad i put counter pressure with my hands. I never tried the cold, but the midwife suggested a flash light between my legs to help get him to turn!
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:07 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• "Get on all fours and do some gentle back arches "

This works!! I do this a lot. I look like a fool, but it really helps lol.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 9:00 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I didn't find relief until he dropped into my pelvis.. I just had to push him down.. which he'd get right back up there as soon as I moved my hand.. OUCH!
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 11:12 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• My daughter did that to me. She was 22 1/2" at birth! Sometimes she would move if I put pressure on the area. Also, this sounds crazy, but a bag of frozen peas works wonders!

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 9:02 AM on Feb. 3, 2010