My StepDaughter is out of control!!!

I have been raising my stepdaughter since she was 10 months, she is now 6 yrs old and behaving horrible. My husband has full custody of her and her mother has no visitation rights, but at least once a year my husband lets her bio mom stay with her for about a month. In the time that my S-Daughter visited her mom, her mother completely brain washed her. She tells her that she does not need to listen 2 me and that if she is not a bad girl with me she will be very upset with her. I know this cause 1 day she was on timeout crying and she told me what her mom said 2 her. She hasnt seen her mom in over a year. She behaves horrible with me, she even laughs in my face when i get tough with her. She's been acting out in class since kinder. I finally convinced my hubby 2 let me take her 2 a therapist but he is taking his time getting the childcare autho notarized for me. Her behavior is affecting my marriage, and my other kids. Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:37 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Force the issue she needs therapy NOW!! You also need to put an end to her visits with her mom, she is toxic.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:45 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• wow, i'd take her over my knee, i don't have step kids anymore (and never spanked them) but their mother's made it perfectly clear that they had to listen to me and i was their boss. i tell my son that, too. he HAS to listen to his step mom, i wish the other mother would figure it out! she needs to realize that it's just more people to love your child, not hurt them.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:27 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I am so sorry that you are having to deal with this. I know how it is to have a step kid cause issues in marriage. Daddy's always take the baby's side. And will refuse to end the relationship with bm. You are going to have to find a way to get dh to see what you do. I take my stepkids to the dr all the time with out a child care autorization. I never said that I was or was not her birth mom and they never asked. They should know because they called me by name not "mom". Explain that her behavior at school and home has to be dealt with and is only going to get worse if not dealt with now and maybe that will give you some leverage to get your hubby to do what is needed.
    SuzanneL09

Answer by SuzanneL09 at 11:31 AM on Feb. 3, 2010